Condolences to Chad Cordero

Posted by Cheryl Nichols | 12/06/2010 01:58:00 AM | , , , | 9 comments »

Nats fans have a few former beloved players that they continue to follow and support even after leaving the Nationals. Closer Chad "Chief" Cordero is definitely one of those players.

Many of you have already heard the tragic news of Chad and Jamie Cordero's three month old daughter Tehya's recent passing.

Nats starting pitcher Matt Chico's wife, Stephanie, has organized a "Moment of Silence" to honor Chad and his family on Wednesday, December 8 from 7-10pm.  See the Facebook Event for more information. 

Please keep Chad, Jamie and Riley Cordero in your thoughts and prayers.

This is a beautiful slideshow "In Loving Memory of Tehya Irene Cordero,
September 12, 2010 - December 4, 2010."


9 comments

  1. Kathryn Clark // December 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

    I can't imagine what the family is going through right now. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

  2. Unknown // December 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

    My heart goes out to Chad and Jamie. May God Bless You Always and May Your Lil "Angel"Tehya Watch Over You...

    Pat and Maxine Wright

  3. Cheryl Nichols // December 6, 2010 at 4:18 PM  

    Thank you for your comments. I know that Chad has been very touched by the support.

    Please spread the word about the moment of silence to other Nats and Cordero fans.

  4. Unknown // December 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

    Chad and Jamie, Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

    The Wilhites

  5. Anonymous // December 9, 2010 at 2:03 PM  

    Nats fan here sending my prayers to the whole Cordero family.

    :-(

  6. Geri // March 23, 2011 at 2:47 PM  

    We just lost our precious girl at the end of Jan. I'm so sorry. I know exactly what you're going through and it is so crippling. My sadness spills over, not in great heaping sobs like at first, but there are tears every day. I wish you peace and for solutions. I just regret that solutions didn't come in time for our babies.

  7. Cheryl Nichols // March 24, 2011 at 1:23 AM  

    Geri - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for your comment.

  8. EveShelby // March 29, 2011 at 3:19 PM  
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. EveShelby // March 29, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

    My sincere condolences Chad and Jamie on the loss of your precious baby. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to lose your child like that. Your little angel will be watching over all of you until you meet again. I will remember her in my prayers.