Nats Player Shirts Have New Look

Posted by Cheryl Nichols | 12/28/2010 11:26:00 AM | , , , | 7 comments »

As you probably know, the Washington Nationals have changed their primary logo to the Curly W in the off-season.  The "block lettering" is gone.

It wasn't until we were out doing a little after Christmas shopping that I realized how different the player t-shirts will look from the front! 

This is how the player t-shirts have looked since 2005 with the Nationals block lettering on the front:

Photo from mlb.com

Now, there is simply a Curly W on the left chest. I think that they look like a free giveaway shirt now and need a little something else.  Just not sure what exactly.  What do you think?

 

Photo 2010 © Cheryl Nichols Photography/
Nats News Network. All Rights Reserved.

7 comments

  1. (j)on // December 28, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

    I'm with you. They look crappy. They should instead sell the away jersey t shirts as the main ones.

  2. Unknown // December 28, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

    I agree too. I don't like these at all and I'm glad I already have a few of the old ones.

  3. Anonymous // December 28, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

    Completely disagree. I like the new ones better, but then again I like the new uni's better than the old ones. Many teams have similar player shirts (Reds, Cubs) that mirror the jerseys with a logo on one side. Its a classic look, and, as Desmond has said, it looks like like an expansion team. It all depends on your view of the new jerseys, I suppose.

  4. David Lint // December 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM  

    Agreed that the new ones look pretty terrible.

    As is, they seem to be really pushing the curly W so I understand the idea on why they did it.

    Just not a fan of the execution.

  5. Anonymous // December 29, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

    I like the new shirts, being a fan of minimalism and the curly W

  6. Calle Real N20 // December 29, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

    Look at the jerseys for the most historic teams; the Yankees don't have a number on the front, just the logo. The same with Detroit. Boston has the name but no number. This uniform hearkens back to some of the early Nationals jerseys with the piping around the neck and W on the left side, but the new ones add a number.

  7. Curly W // January 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM  

    Great softball shirts!