**Please note the dates and times for road closures so that you won't miss any of the Nats games!**
TRAFFIC ADVISORIES FOR WEEKEND EVENTS
The Metropolitan Police Department wishes to advise the public that events scheduled this weekend will impact traffic in the city.
Saturday September, 11, 2010
The Unite In Action March:
The march begins on 4th Street, on the National Mall at 11:00 am and moves north on 4th Street, then west on Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest, then west on Constitution Avenue, Northwest, then south on 15th Street where the march will disband on the National Mall. There will be rolling closures along the route and the event is expected to end at approximately 3:00 pm.
National Black Family Reunion:
Takes place on the National Mall between 7th and 14th Streets all day. There are no street closures, but heavy pedestrian traffic should be expected.
Sunday September 12, 2010
Freedom Works March:
The march begins on 15th Street on the National Mall at 12:00 pm, and moves north on 15th Street, Northwest, then east on Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest, to the United States Capitol. The march is expected to conclude by 2:00 pm, but there are several planned rallies during the day. There will be rolling closures along the parade route.
Adams Morgan Day Festival:
18th Street, Northwest, from Columbia Road, to Florida Avenue, Northwest, will be closed to traffic beginning at 4:00 am. In addition, side streets leading to 18th Street, Northwest, in the Adams Morgan area will be closed to through traffic. Motorists should expect heavy vehicle and pedestrian traffic in the area of the event.
Shiloh Baptist Church Ground Breaking Ceremony:
Traffic will be closed in the 1500 block of 9th Street, between P and Q Streets, Northwest, for a ground breaking ceremony. The street will be closed beginning at 8:00 am and last until 3:00 pm.
Motorists should be aware of the closure and use an alternate route through the area.
DC National Triathlon Event:
(Washington, D.C.) The Nation’s Triathlon is scheduled to be held in the District this weekend and police have provided the following information about road closures for the event:
Saturday, September 11 at 11 am - Sunday, September 12 at 8 pm.
There will be intermittent closures or one way traffic patterns on Ohio Drive, riverside, to facilitate a safe swim practice, equipment drop-off and the race start/finish. Tour Mobile will have access except during the race.
Sunday September 12, 6 am -1 pm:
The following roadways will be closed:
• Independence Ave, 14th Street - 23rd Street
• Ohio Drive, Riverside and Channel side, entire road. Golf course patrons will still have access from 395.
• Whitehurst Freeway
• Potomac River Freeway northbound
• Potomac River Freeway southbound
• Rock Creek Parkway, entire road
• Memorial Bridge, (Arlington Memorial Circle will remain open)
• Lincoln Memorial Circle
• 27th Street between K Street & Virginia Avenue
• 15th Street, Independence to Constitution
• 23rd Street, between Constitution and Independence
• Henry Bacon Drive
• Daniel French Drive
• Maine Ave west of 395S
• East Basin Drive, entire road (no access to 395S)
• Buckeye Drive, access to Ohio Drive, riverside
• Clara Barton Parkway, both directions between Chain Bridge and the Access road to MacArthur Blvd north of the Glen Echo turnaround.
• Cabin John Parkway, both directions, entire road.
U.S Park Police and the Metropolitan Police Department will handle all closures.
For more information about the Triathlon, please visit the event’s official website at http://www.nationstri.com/.