Fans should expect enhanced security procedures throughout the weekend
Due to heightened security precautions surrounding 9/11 Remembrance Day, the Washington Nationals encourage fans to arrive earlier than normal and leave backpacks, bags and extra items at home throughout the weekend.
Enhanced security procedures at Nationals Park may slow entry into the ballpark on both Saturday and Sunday. Fans should prepare for the following safety measures during the weekend games:
· Limited entry points will be available for fans entering Nationals Park on Saturday and Sunday; Center Field Gates are scheduled to open at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday
· Comprehensive security checks will take place at each entrance
· Vehicle checks will occur in parking areas
· Bus drop-off and pick-up points will be altered
· No outside beverages or liquids of any kind will be permitted into the ballpark. Food items of any kind are strongly discouraged.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
Nationals fans planning to utilize Metrorail are encouraged to account for weekend track work, which is currently scheduled from Friday at 10 p.m. through Sunday closing on the following lines:
· Green Line: Between the Greenbelt and College Park stations.
· Red Line: Between the Dupont Circle and Judiciary Square stations.
· Blue and Orange Lines: Between the Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory stations.
· Orange Line: Between the Vienna/Fairfax-GMU and West Falls Church-VT/UVA stations.
In addition, the Nation’s Triathlon is likely to disrupt traffic near the Potomac River on Sunday.
Fans can visit www.nationals.com/waytogo for information on parking and additional routes to Nationals Park. Parking at all price ranges is available and may be purchased in advance starting at $5 in Lot HH.